Maps and directions play an important role in taking you to the desired place by following a correct, concise, and trouble-free route, but do you know how to use them effectively? If you’re new to the Maps App and wish to use it on your desired iOS devices, then quickly follow the guide below.
Gone are the days when people stop their vehicles and ask a local about the way to reach a specific location. Various mapping and directional apps have significantly replacing the entire process of asking a stranger for a way around, a specific place, or the nearest state highway. Some of the map apps also integrate street view, and Google Earth features to present a detailed view of that particular area, location or place, where the user wants to reach. Most of the Android-powered devices come with navigation app, by default, to ensure that you reach your destination on time, with a detailed route map. Since Apple doesn’t carry any specific app for presenting maps and directions, Google has recently released Google Maps app for all the iOS devices. The new app allows Apple users to drop pins for both your starting point as well as destination to ensure that you never miss out any major thing located en-route. Additionally, you can also utilize the Google street view to locate the restaurant, public places and points of attraction, along with the weather information for major global cities.
What Does Maps Associated with Google do?
Undoubtedly, Google-powered Maps is a complete package of navigation and place finder properties and also presents a detailed view of driving directions to that particular place. The company recently released the maps app for iOS devices and the latest update offers usual bug fixes and a handful of new features. The app is smart enough to present the daily routes to your home and work addresses to save your valuable time and efforts. If a user saves his home and work addresses in the app, it will get the fastest route to shorten your commute timing. To save your home and work addresses, simply sign in to Maps. Touch the menu > Your Places > type-in your home or work address. Users can use the maps app to get driving directions to the particular place, and you can access the Street View imagery to seek info like business hours, menus, and others.
How to use the latest Google Maps App on iOS Devices?
1. When you wish to use the app to get driving directions or Google street view, select your starting point and end destination by tapping on the map.
2. The app will allow you to select the starting point by pinning it with the ‘Red’ pin to mark the location.
3. Move the map until you pin the end point of your journey and mark it easily, even if a user don’t know the exact address of the location.
4. The new feature of the app also allows you to filter a restaurant search on numerous parameters like cuisine, opening hours, distance, charges and others. Just type restaurant name in the Search bar and tap on the ‘Filter’ button, located in the lower-right corner.
5. You will see the Price, Cuisine, Distance and Rating filters, tap it and choose your desired filters to narrow your search.
6. Maps app also displays the current weather information for some popular cities across the globe. Open the map of a city, tap on the location banner, and you will get the current weather conditions, above the Street View and Photos thumbnails.
Google street view is an excellent way to seek correct and faster maps and directions to reach your desired destination on time. Sometimes, the maps app will present a route that might get blocked or inaccessible due to some reason, don’t panic and take any turn, the app will re-route the directions for you. Apart from providing details about routes, maps, and locations, the app is also capable of adding transit directions to your calendar. You can easily access the feature using the stock iOS Calendar app and the Sunrise Calendar app. Android users enjoy one additional feature of being able to see contacts while searching for an address or get an elaborated cuisine filters while accessing restaurants. Download and install the Google Maps app on all your iOS devices right now and enjoy a streamlined mapping experience!