Your Smartphone is not exactly your computer even after you use it for various purposes. However still there are some common troubles that you might go through like frozen phone. Even if you are using an iOS device or an Android based phone the problem is common. It is extremely annoying when you go through such trouble and often you do not know what to do. Here are a few tips for unfreezing your iPhone and your Android phone.
How to unfreeze your iPhone
• Often freezes happen due to app trouble that leaves your phone frozen. At this time you need to force-close. If you are using iOS 7 then double tap on Home button to reveal app switcher within the multitask bar, then scroll left to locate the app that is frozen, swipe up to fling it off the screen. For those using iOS 6 Home button-> App Switcher->hold down on the App icon and when it wriggles tap the – button to shut it down.
• If your iPhone is going bonkers and would not let you access app switcher then the best option that you have is to restart your phone. Press and hold the Sleep Button located at the top of your phone till you see Slide to Power Off slider appear. Slide to right to power down the phone. To power back your phone you then need to press down the Sleep Button again till the Apple logo appears.
• If you are facing a situation where your iPhone is non-responsive to your taps then you need to force-restart it. Press and hold down the Sleep button + Home Button till you can see the Apple logo on the screen. After a few minutes your iPhone will be up and running as before.
• Another way of getting past your freezing iPhone is to go for factory reset or the default settings. However, take caution as you might lose all your data on your phone so it is advisable to take a data backup prior to attempting factory reset. Settings->General->Reset->Reset All Settings. Now as soon as you are through with all this your phone will return to the factory settings and everything including your apps and additional software will be wiped off.
• You can also opt for iTunes restore by plugging your phone via USB into your system. A list of devices will appear from which you need to select your phone. Summary tab->Restore iPhone option, a backup of all the settings will begin. As soon as it finishes download and install fresh iOS and then apply the default setting. To restore your data go to Backups -> Restore Backup.
How to unfreeze your Android phone?
Force-close an app:
• First of all you need to force close the app that is causing trouble, Swipe to reveal the tab->Select the app you want to kill by tapping the stop button. If you are not able to view the app in the given list then go to the upper right corner and look for Show Cached Processes.
• You can even attempt a force shutdown hold and press down power button + volume up button till the screen turns off. Power on by pressing the power button. If you are having trouble using the volume up button then use the volume down button.
• If your Android has a removable battery then you can remove the back cover of your phone and pull out the battery. After a few seconds replace the battery and close the battery cover, now turn back your phone. However, remember to use this method when anything else is not working in unfreezing your Android Phone.
• Another way of unfreezing your phone is to try out the method of factory reset. Restoring your phone back to the factory default might help you get rid of the phone freeze trouble. However, before you begin the process of factory reset you need to take a backup of your phone by connecting it to your system via USB.
• For factory reset go to Settings->Backup->Reset and locate Factory data reset, tap it. A confirmation is required for proceeding further. After you have confirmed the process of factory reset will begin.
Undertaking the above-mentioned steps will ensure that you rid your phone of the phone freeze trouble. However, if it again happens then you need to get in touch with a tech expert.