We say it over and over again: technology makes our lives easier. You probably heard from your grandmother that you’re lucky enough to have this and that to make your chores significantly effortless. And this is what we have to be thankful for. If it weren’t for the technologies we use today, maybe, we might have sworn how hard our lives are a long time ago.
Although some say that technology has its disadvantages- which is true- its benefits absolutely outweigh its damages. In the grand scheme of things, technology improves our quality of life. And moms like you are the main beneficiaries of this, bar none. What made me say this? Well, just read on.
1. Technology is at your fingertips. As technology becomes more advanced, gadgets became even handier. Take your smartphone for example; now that it is made to perfectly fit in your pocket, you can always have it to help you with whatever you do.
2. Connections are made easy. Social networking sites have bridged people from afar to form cordial relationships. With the super busy schedule moms have for their whole day, including their nights, they find it hard to reconnect with friends. And here comes social media to the rescue. It keeps you up-to-date with all the happenings.
3. It makes you a smarter shopper. Knowledge is power. The more you know, the more empowered you are. And with apps that keep you updated with sales and the best online deals, you’re sure to get the best value for your money, even if that’s a luxury gadget from an online mobile store.
4. It makes you brainy. We begin to feel uncomfortable whenever we are confronted with a question posed by our kids that we can’t seem to answer. You may deny it, but human nature dictates one’s tendency to impress, even with his/her family members. And here you have a very powerful tool, the internet, to be your saving grace in these brain-draining situations.
5. It strengthens bonds. Technology has the ability to merge people and keep them “virtually” closer. It creates a connection to all the aspects of one’s life, be it family, friends, or work.
6. It makes you do everything. Most things nowadays can be accomplished with just a push of a button. With your automatic appliances and gadgets completely or partially doing your work for you, you’re sure to be stress-free and happier. As they say, “A happy mom makes a happy home.”
7. It gives you some “me” time. Gone were the days when the domestic women of every household were viewed as boring people. Now, because technology makes your work light, you get to have some time to care for yourself and allot some time for more family bonding.
Never think that technology can only be enjoyed by the tech-savvy; even moms get their fair share of gains from it. And if you, my beloved reader, are one of the moms who did not yet see the wonders of technology- though I doubt because you are currently reading this-then what are you waiting for? Be a techie mom to make your life more worth living.