The Samsung Galaxy S4 took the world of technology by storm and it awed every technology enthusiast. Users were impressed because it is powered with 1.9-GHz quad-core processor besides other exciting features. You have all the freedom to use both the cameras simultaneously, run two apps at the same time and also enjoy the Air play feature.
However, if you are well versed with the 4 easy ‘to do tips’ for creating short cuts and other functions then your experience will surely be a lot better.
Disable S Voice feature
The S voice is a rival to Siri by Apple. It can perform various functions with the voice command. You can easily use it for performing the search function, fetching weather report, navigation to a specified location, updating social status and much more.
This feature of S Voice is always turned on then you might find that your phone soon starts slowing down. It is better to turn off this feature.
• Launch the S Voice by pressing Home Button twice or tap the icon of S Voice if the home screen is functional
• Tap the Settings button located on the left side of the Home key
• Uncheck the option of Open via the Home key.
The feature of transition animations give you the freedom of moving amongst apps and moving from the home screen to an app. You can even exit an app and return to home screen with this feature. However, these animations are eye catching but it takes a toll on the performance of your phone, making it a bit sluggish.
By applying the following steps you will be able to deal with it:
• Go to-> Settings->More tab located on the right hand side of your screen.
• Scroll down to search the Build Number Field and tap it multiple times.
Remember to keep on pressing this field till you get the permission of a developer.
• Press the Back button and Go to-> Developer Options.
• Scroll to search for Window Animation Scale and select the option to turn it off.
• Go to Transition Animation Scale-> Animator Duration Scale located under Developer Options to turn it off.
Tips for camera apps
The Samsung Galaxy S4 has a good camera quality with faster shutterbug. It is advisable to create settings for lock screen shortcut to your Camera app to enable faster access by a swipe. Apply the following steps:
• Go to-> Settings men-> My Device tab, OR Select the option of Lock Screen that appears at the beginning of the list.
• Lock screen menu-> Tap Shortcuts option.
• Switch on the Set Shortcuts option that is turned off by default.
You can speed up your Samsung Galaxy S4 in shot-to-shot times. You are allowed to enable the feature of Best Photo that gives you the option of capturing eight shots at one go. This helps you select the best captured pictures from those 8 shots.
This is how it is possible:
• Go to the Camera app-> Mode button, scroll down to locate Best Photo and select it.
• Press the icon of shutter to be able to capture eight images consecutively.
• After you are done firing 8 shots, pick and choose the best amongst the available options.
• Long press on the picture to select it, now tap to save it.
Disabling Light Effect feature
Light effect feature is offered in the lock screen of the Samsung Galaxy S4. When you touch the screen your finger leaves a tiny trail of light behind. On unlocking your device, this light spreads to the full screen effect. However, if animation is enabled then it takes a bit longer to turn on the screen. But if the animation feature is turned off, the unlock screen takes no time to enable the Home Screen.
You can apply the following steps:
• Settings-> Go to Menu-> choose My Device tab.
• Alternatively you can ‘Select’ the Lock Screen option-> Unlock Effect-> None.
The 4 tips given above are easy to apply as well help in saving battery power of your Samsung Galaxy S4.