Our Smartphones are the most used gadgets that help us keep updated with the latest news, info and keep in touch with friends. All such activities consume battery power. There are many Smartphones that last longer while there are others in which the battery drains off really fast. The Apple iPhone is a highly advanced Smartphone but this phone too has issues related to its battery draining off too fast. At times users find that the battery is not even lasting a whole day and the phone requires to be charged often. However, you can apply a few tips that will help you in boosting battery power and make your iPhone last longer.
• We are in a habit of getting regular notifications realizing the amount of battery that it consumes. Notifications that are turned on throughout the day deplete battery power. You need to make settings in your Wi-Fi and Bluetooth. The Global notifications are no longer present in the iOS6 and you also need to disable app notifications. Go to Settings->Notifications, after which a list of categories is revealed and from here you need to select the category to enable toggling notifications. Here you need to enable few essential notifications. You would also need to change the way notifications appear. This will help you to return a notification back to the alert window.
• You need to remember to turn off location-based services. The Location Services consume a major chunk of battery power. Turning these off will ensure that majority of your battery power is saved. You need to turn off GPS, Settings->Privacy->Location Services-> user the slider to turn it off. You can choose to disable services in an individual app.
• Push services such as e-mail is yet another battery consuming activity. It is advisable to adjust settings for manual updates when the app is loading. You need to make similar settings for your social media accounts like Twitter and Facebook. This is essential if the push service is not disabled. If the push service is not disabled then the page will continually keep refreshing and consume battery power. To manage it with ease, just go to Settings->Mail, Calendars, Contacts-> Fetch New Data. Now you can toggle the Push functionality located at the top and turn it off, then set it to ‘Fetch to Manual’ option.
• Wherever you are, it is essential to keep an eye on the signal indicator. Often when the signal is not so strong, your phone automatically starts searching for available network. This also drains the battery. There is nothing much that you can do about it but you can switch on your phone again.
• It is advisable to keep checking on the latest software updates available. This is essential to keep up with the fixes that enhance battery power. Check for software updates from your iPhone without having to synchronize with iTunes. Go to Settings-> General->Software Update.
• There are several power-saving tips as well that you can use. It might sound old school but are useful nevertheless. You can begin by turning down the brightness of the screen, turning off Bluetooth and Wi-Fi when not in use.
• An add-on battery or a battery case is yet another good option. You can choose from the cases offered by Morphie, Kensington or any other legit manufacturer. This way you will be able to protect your hardware and the enclosure is capable of providing extended battery life. This results in greater battery power. You can choose Mophie Juice Pack Helium that will cost you $79.99. Go to Crutchfield.com to order this battery case.
The above-mentioned easy to apply tips will help you save battery consumption. This results in enhanced battery power that can pull you throughout the day.