HP certifications are designed for the IT background candidates for gaining knowledge as well as skills to assure the HP certified professionals competency. Similarly, HP0-Y23 is one such certification where candidates can get their maximum benefits. The exam name of HP0-Y23 is deploying HP ProCurve products. This certification will suit best to the candidates who wish to use, sell as well as support the HP ProCurve products.
Requirements for the examination/ minimum qualification for this exam to the candidates:
For writing this exam, there are no prerequisites required for the candidates but HP recommends the candidates to have at least 6 months to 1 year of work experience in designing basic routing, intermediate switched and mobility networks field. Apart from work experience prerequisite, it is an added advantage to the candidates if they have knowledge in the following skills.
1) Basic CLI configuring commands
2) Possibilities of basic switch management such as Telnet and GUI
3) VLAN’s concept and IP services like SNTP
4) LACP (Link aggregation technologies) and STP (loop prevention technologies)
5) Basic IP routing technologies
6) WLAN’s (mobility and network management)
Exam objectives and percentage of marks from each section:
The following are the exam HP0-Y23 objectives and percentage of question that appears during examination. They are:
1) Basics of switch setup- 17% questions
2) Configuring files and managing switch software- 12% questions
3) Configuring IP services and VLANS- 14% questions
4) Configuring link aggregation- 8% questions
5) Configuring spanning tree- 10% questions
6) Configuring IP routing- 8% questions
7) Network design introduction- 5% questions
8) Get started with HP ProCurve network management- 14% questions
9) Get started with HP ProCurve mobility- 12% questions
Job roles and other details:
Hp field system engineers, Hp service technical support and field services, system engineer, network engineer etc are some of the job roles included in HP0-Y23 examination. The exam comprises of 65 multiple choices, drag drop questions with 90 minutes duration. Minimum score to pass the exam is 80%.