The exam name for 1Y0-A17 is implementing Citrix XenDesktop 4. This examination helps the candidates to gain skills and knowledge that are necessary for the purposes like installation, administrating and configuring the Citrix XenDesktop 4 implementation in any of the organizations (maybe mid- level and larger level). Candidates can register the examination in any of the nearby Pearson VUE centers or in the Pearson VUE website online by paying the exam fee. Candidates can schedule their examination date, sessions etc according to their convenience after paying the fee.
Exam objectives and the percentage of questions from each section:
The following are the exam 1Y0-A17 objectives and the percentage of questions asked in the examination. They are:
1) Definition of XenDesktop architecture- 15% questions
2) Identification of pre- installation considerations- 5% questions
3) Installation of XenDesktop- 18% questions
4) Building up of provision services vDisks- 15% questions
5) Configuration of desktop delivery controller of XenDesktop- 7% questions
6) Delivering desktops- 10% questions
7) Managing XenDesktop- 8% questions
8) Troubleshooting desktop images for virtualization- 14% questions
9) Managing and delivering applications- 8% questions
Job roles for this examination:
Candidates can get wide job opportunities in the top multination companies and some of the job roles include network administrators, Citrix certified instructors, data center administrators, desktop operators, Microsoft windows administrators etc. Examination comprises of 59 questions with approximately 110 minutes time duration. Examination can be written only in English and no other language options are provided until now.
Native English speaking zone candidates are allowed only 80 minutes for completion of the examination. Non- English speaking zone candidates take time up to 110 minutes time duration and those candidates who wanted to extend the time should mention it during the time of registration or at least 15 days before the commencement of examination.