An Affiliate Marketing Beginner has asked me about choosing the right keyword for his chosen niche. He also wants to know if a low competition keyword is the same with a useless keyword. As beginners, it is very important for you to understand the importance of keywords to be able to be on top of the search engine. Keywords are the terms you type in the search engine in order to find a webpage that can provide the things that you are looking for. Using the right keywords can place you in front of the line.
Let me help you with these simple steps that will guide you in choosing the right keywords.
• Understand the difference between low competition keyword, average competition keyword and high competition keyword.
Beginners are commonly misled because they do not understand the concepts and terms that are used. It is very important for you to look at the big picture and familiarize yourself with the different weight of every keywords and how they are different from each other.
• High competition keywords. These keywords are being used by bloggers who are already expert on the field. These are commonly used. When you type it in the search engine, it will give you number of results from different bloggers.
• Average competition keywords. These are neutral words that can also compete with high competition keywords. Webmasters and bloggers also use these.
• Low competition keywords. These keywords are not usually used. They are good for beginners. When you used it in your blog and typed these in the search engine, you will only find only one or minimal results.
As a beginner, you should use low competition keywords. These words can help your site or blogs make it to the top of the search engine. Bloggers and webmasters don’t usually use low competition keywords, which means that you have all the chance to avoid competition and be on the first lane.
• Create a good phrase while avoiding overly decorated keywords.
This may sound ironic but when you understand the concept behind it, you will surely find it very helpful. You have to make a healthy phrase. In order to do this, you have to give an answer to this question: “What are you offering to the public?” You have to make a good description of what you are selling or offering.
When making a good description, you also have to keep in mind that you have to avoid words that will only make it vague. A good keyword contains a description that is free from ambiguity and confusion.
• Understand the importance of repetition.
Repeating the keywords in your post will give you a greater chance to be on the top of the search engine. But you should make sure that the keywords you are going to use are perfectly fitted to the topic you have in your post. You can use synonyms but be very careful in choosing. Analyze if the phrases and words you are going to use is greatly related to your subject.
• Use Google AdWords keywords tool
This very special tool is designed to help bloggers to expand their keywords in order to make another usable and highly related phrase or word.